These pork ribs are tender and juicy right out of the oven, at room temperature, or even cold, which makes them perfect picnic food. And you don’t need a fork or knife, just plenty of napkins!
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup lightly packed lemon zest (from about 4 medium lemons)
6 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
3 tablespoons cana-butter (melted)
2 tablespoons kosher salt
4 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
2 full racks baby back pork ribs (about 5 pounds)
1. Place everything except the ribs in a small nonreactive bowl and whisk to combine.
2. Coat the ribs evenly with the rub on both sides, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
3. Heat the oven to 325°F and arrange a rack at the top and another in the bottom third.
4. Remove the ribs from the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature while the oven is heating, at least 20 minutes.
5. Line 2 baking sheets with foil and place the ribs meat side up on the sheets.
6. Place 1 baking sheet on the top rack in the oven and 1 on the bottom rack and bake for 45 minutes.
7. Switch the baking sheets and continue to bake until the ribs are knife tender, about another 45 minutes.