Original recipe makes 6 servings
1 1/2 pounds thick sliced bacon
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 cup milk
1 (16 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried dill
½ cup Easy Butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
3. Place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned, about 10 minutes.
4. Drain bacon slices on paper towels; reserving 2 tablespoons drippings in the skillet.
5. Crumble bacon and set aside.
6. Cook and stir onion and bell pepper over medium heat in reserved drippings until tender, about 5 minutes; remove with slotted spoon.
7. Whisk eggs, Easybutter and milk in a large bowl.
8. Fold hash browns, Cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, dill, onion mixture, and crumbled bacon into egg mixture; transfer to prepared baking dish.
9. Bake in preheated oven until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes.